Hostel Rules and Regulations
1. Ragging is strictly prohibited in any form; if someone found guilty, severe action will be taken.
2. Students are not allowed to consume alcoholic, narcotic drugs or any intoxicating substance in the hostel premises.
3. All visitors to the hostel including the parents/guardian will have to make necessary entries in the visitors’ book available at the hostel entrance with the security guard.
4. Students should not keep any unauthorized property and unauthorized guests in his/her room.
5. No person, either guest or otherwise shall be permitted to stay overnight in any part of the hostel. In case, guest want to stay overnight in the hostel, he/she should take permission from warden.
6. Girls are not allowed to enter the boy’s hostel at any time of the day in Kandi Hostel. In ODF hostel girls are not allowed to enter the boy’s hostel from 11 PM to 6 AM.
7. Boys are not allowed to enter at the girl’s hostel without permission.
8. All girl students are expected to be back in the hostel by 12.00 in the night. If any student wishes to be away, should take permission from the hostel authority with appropriate reasons.
9. Students are responsible for the safekeeping of their valuables. Students should provide their own locks and should take proper care of their belongings.
10. Students are not allowed to arrange any group religious activities in their room.
11. Students are not allowed to take common room’s newspapers to their room at any time.
12. Students should handle hostel equipment’s, furniture, mess property carefully and not abuse or tamper with it. If so then applicable fine will be charged by the hostel management.
13. Students have to use water and electricity judiciously. If fan, tube, etc., found ON in the absence of the students at their rooms, fine will be charged by hostel authorities.
14. TT-Gym-Shuttle room keys will be issued by the security personnel by taking the student ID card at the check post.
15. Students should switch off the lights and fans when TT-TV-Gym-Shuttle rooms are not in use.
16. Garbage and wastage only be put at garbage box available nearby hostel premises
17. Students during their stay in the hostel will be governed by the hostel management rules.
18. No student shall use the service of a hostel housekeeping person for personal work.
19. Students will not enter rooms of other students without permission of the inmates.
20. Every case of illness and accident must be reported immediately to the hostel authorities.
21. No function or celebration shall be organized at hostel premises except with the permission of the Warden.
22. Students suffering from contagious disease will not be allowed to stay at hostel. Decision of the Warden in this regard will be final and binding.
23. Allotment of room furniture etc. will be entirely at the discretion of the Warden and no complaint in this regard will be entertained.
24. All matters relating to differences among students and complaints against theft shall be brought to the notice of the hostel management. No police complaint will be lodged by the student before taking prior permission from the hostel management.
25. Any complaint from the neighbors/society will result in strict action.
26. Hostel accommodation (room) can be changed by the management if they found it necessary at any point of time.
27. Students indulging in use of abusive and threatening language, physical fights, use of force to get unfair act accomplished, etc. will be punished. Further, they are liable to be expelled from the hostel/ Institute. 28. Playing music/record player etc. loud enough to cause disturbance to his/her neighbor(s) is prohibited. Defaulters will be punished. Such Repeated acts will be forward to DAC for severe action.
29. No student shall bring or store any firearm, ammunition, explosive and inflammable goods on the premises of the hostel.
30. The boarders will be responsible for the safe keeping of their own property. Hostel authorities will not be responsible for any loss of money, jewelry or personal belongings of any student. Students are advised not to keep any cash/jewelry or any costly items in the room. In the event of loss of any personal property of a resident due to theft, fire or any other cause, the Hostel Management shall in no way be considered responsible.
31. The capacities of the residence hostel's electrical systems are limited, and overloading them can result in trip down of wings main power supply or fire hazards. Additionally, there are certain types of electrical appliances that are dangerous in residence hostel rooms. The following guidelines govern the use of electrical appliances, outlets and extension cords in your rooms: (i) Electrical appliances with an exposed heating element are prohibited. (ii) Resident-owned water heaters, iron-boxes, induction plate, fans, air conditioners/heaters are not permitted. (iii) Other appliances such as radios, stereos, desk lamps, and computers are permitted, provided the total power requirements do not overload the room's electrical system. (iv) Only properly grounded extension cords may be used with appliances that require grounding. (v) All electrical equipment and cords must be maintained in safe operating condition. In the event of loss of any personal property of a resident due to electrical short circuit or fire, the Hostel Management shall in no way be considered responsible. Students will be required to pay twice the charges of the repair to IITH property that is found to have been willfully damaged.